Sunday, July 18, 2010

Christmas Quarter Square Triangle Star and Wonky Stars



The quarter square triangles that make the points are one of my favorite things to make. They're so simple to do. Learned to do them when making the Victory Quilt by Quilt In A Day. She has a video library on her site--look for Silent Star for the directions if you've not done these before.







This is just one of several blocks I'm doing for my Christmas quilt. I'm not planning on it being too large, so will have lots of extra blocks for some other project(s). Just have to try a bunch of things not tried before by me, so think there may be as many as 30 or more blocks in the future and only want the Christmas quilt to be a lap size. I've also made a bunch of wonky star blocks both in Christmassy fabrics and others.

http://thesillyboodilly.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonky-star-tutorial.html has directions that are excellent. Printed them out--very long, but I did a print preview and ONLY ended up with 13 pages. Well worth it to me. Love tutorials that are this precise. Go try these--so cute and I want to do a whole quilt of them some day and try all kinds of prints. Tried three times to load the pictures but they won't--will try again later.

Love to hear your comments!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Love the blocks....

Michelle said...

What cute blocks!

janet said...

I love intentionally wonky things, those blocks are great!!