Thursday, April 28, 2011

THE CHOIR IS READY TO SING

Owlies have flocked to my house all dressed up. Don't they look like they're going to break into song? What do you think they would sing?




These were easy to make and directions are here: http://moonstitches.typepad.com/photos/tutowlrial/ just click on enter gallery on that page. You could make these in several sizes. For me, the hardest part was sewing on eyes!! Wish there was a way to do it on the machine. I did the bottoms a bit differently by making larger circles that were basted with double thread and pulled tight around cardboard discs. Black and white ones would look like penguins I think!! These are all from scraps of batiks I used in the Baskets in Bloom blocks and are going into my Rose of Sharon quilt blocks.



I fell in love with owls last year while looking at several quilts on Amy's bloggers quilt festival. Several people had used them in various ways. Found a lot of owlie fabrics online and was excited to use a couple of them in little Livie Lou's pink Marabella quilt. For Christmas she got the owlie dolly I made up using a picture her mom sent me.

3 comments:

janet said...

Those are just darling, I love all the pretty batik fabrics, so colorful;)

sew katie did said...

I've always wanted to make those little owls with felt. One of these days I'll get around to it. Your's sure are cute.

SarahB said...

Love all the cute little owls!