Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WHAT I DID AND DIDN'T GET DONE THIS WEEK!!

Last week, Amy at http://amyscreativeside.com/ issued a challenge to say what we wanted to get done this week. As with so many things, some of what my goal was got accomplished but the whole thing did not. During the week I got an email reminding me there were 35 scarves that needed hemming for the local school's dance festival. So, instead of sewing the 16 blocks for my Starry Night Mystery BOM from Wish Upon A Quilt, that were my plan, scarves got sewn. They got turned in a week early and it felt good to have those done. Below are pictures showing the blocks for months 9 and 10 that did get done. Still have last two months to do--all cut out and think all hst's are done for those. Plus, majority of pieces are cut for 13 pinwheel star alternate blocks for the four quilts.
Blocks for four quilts months 9 and 10. Love the purple and green combo, and that white and green didn't strike me as something I'd like when cutting them out, but really love the graphics of them! Well...love the graphics of all of blocks so far.
Some of the hst's and outer strips of several blocks 9
Block 9 from materials in kit
Block 10 original kit materials. I'm anxious to have all blocks done--100 total. Will be interesting to see how long it takes me, but am determined to get ufo's list down before starting too many other projects.

Thanks Amy for helping me focus even if everything didn't get done. Go check out what others did and get inspired!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sometimes it just take one person to motivate us...good luck getting them done.

Habibti at Home said...

You are doing a great job on these blocks and using such fun fabrics! It will be sore warding when you reach 100! And I bet those scarves look great too. Good stuff!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O!! your blocks and colors are SO-SEW fun!! Thanks for sharing your pics

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com