These were easy to make and directions are here: http://moonstitches.typepad.com/photos/tutowlrial/ just click on enter gallery on that page. You could make these in several sizes. For me, the hardest part was sewing on eyes!! Wish there was a way to do it on the machine. I did the bottoms a bit differently by making larger circles that were basted with double thread and pulled tight around cardboard discs. Black and white ones would look like penguins I think!! These are all from scraps of batiks I used in the Baskets in Bloom blocks and are going into my Rose of Sharon quilt blocks.
I fell in love with owls last year while looking at several quilts on Amy's bloggers quilt festival. Several people had used them in various ways. Found a lot of owlie fabrics online and was excited to use a couple of them in little Livie Lou's pink Marabella quilt. For Christmas she got the owlie dolly I made up using a picture her mom sent me.