Sunday, September 12, 2010

Olivia's Quilt Is Done!

These are the last few inches of hand sewing the binding down. I did go over the binding with a serpentine stitch--want it to wash well! Still can't show the whole quilt--it has to be wrapped around my littlest girlie girl first. Waiting for DL to get here with her kiddos so they can see it before it flies off to their little cousin's home in New York. I'm so excited that it's done. Well...I still have to figure out what ribbons to sew on the applique blocks, but the hard work is done and what was once so daunting--the free motion quilting, is finished. Not the prettiest sight in the universe but ok with it. I finally got brave enough to try free motion quilting it from the info at A Few Scraps quilt along. (thanks to Joanne for telling me how to make that a hot link!!) Love how the label turned out, but just realized it was meant to be sewn on as a circle--oh, well!! It was the last thing done on my machine before it went in for a much needed spa treatment--the noises coming from it were startling, especially with the embroidery attachment! The right hand picture is one of what I call the owlie corners. Isn't that fabric just adorable? I have a charm pack of Love U and when I saw that fabric I knew I had to have it for this quilt.
I love how the fabric bunches up when it's washed and dried--used Warm and Natural for the batting and the backing fabric is a flannel. It and the binding fabric have ladybugs.
This is one of the fussy cut owlie blocks. It's got a weird perspective because picture was at my sewing machine and upside down!! Makes me a bit dizzy looking at it. I am in love with owlie fabrics--have them in several colors by several different designers...so cute!! And, of course, perfect for my cute, cute little granddaughter.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

it looks great! can't wait to see the whole thing.

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure that Olivia will have the best time practicing her tummy time while lying on it! Your quilts are very special!